Careers at Blue Sage
Senior Business Analyst
Location: Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Summary of Responsibilities
The Senior Business Analyst provides support to Blue Sage Solutions (BSS) customers with the goal of efficiently and satisfactorily deploying the BSS platform. The Senior Business Analyst is the primary gatherer of requirements. The ideal candidate’s work history likely saw them working in mortgage operations for a decade and evolving to a role where their technical, organizational, and analytical skills were coupled with their industry expertise to help deliver enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Lead cross-functional teams to gather and deliver business and technical requirements.
- Resolve issues between stated business requirements and what is technically feasible by identifying issues, evaluating alternative systems solutions with developers and architects, and communicating the end result.
- Decompose large work items/stories into smaller independent components. Lead work sessions with technical team members to address questions or issues etc.
- Work with the business units to develop test plans and procedures that validate & test the application design.
- Define acceptance criteria.
- Maintain a level of expertise on the mortgage industry and the BSS product suite.
- Use BSS tools to comply with internal requirements established to maintain visibility to project work including requirements, status, escalations, assignments, and archiving. These include Jira, SmartSheets, Confluence.
- Serve as a delegate for and at times a substitute for the BSS Engagement Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- 10+ years of mortgage lending or banking experience with exposure to multiple functional areas.
- 6-10 years of business analysis experience in either mortgage or technology fields.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution, or equivalent Certifications and Experience.
- Working knowledge of Agile software development methodologies desired.
- Must work well under pressure, be sensitive to deadlines, be able to interact in a team environment, be able to adapt quickly to change.
- Apply attention to details and possess excellent analytical, problem solving and customer service skills.
- Must be able to troubleshoot, resolve and communicate solutions for system issues to the business.
- Experience in business requirements gathering, process analysis and design, gap analysis, functional design specifications, system configuration, and development of system tests, procedures and documentation.
- Ability to summarize complex ideas clearly and succinctly.
- Self-management: Ability to manage and prioritize own workload effectively.
Interested? Please complete the Career Inquiry Form.
Blue Sage maintains and ensures that all employees are part of a work environment free from discrimination, and one where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. Blue Sage Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at Blue Sage is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Blue Sage does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, national origin, ancestry, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other characteristics protected by law. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline.