Careers at Blue Sage
Software Development Manager (SDM)
Location: Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Blue Sage Solutions is searching for a Senior Software Development Manager (SDM) to lead development of a new product in the Software Development Lifecycle Management space. You and your team will be responsible for defining the features and roadmap of an innovative product helping customers develop leading mortgage software. You will work closely with customers in order to understand their needs and run with new ideas. We are looking for a leader who is experienced in delivering multi-region fault tolerant systems, is passionate about the developer tools space and is obsessed about creating compelling customer experiences.
As the Software Development Manager, you will play a critical role in shaping the definition, design, roadmap, and development of new ground breaking products.
- Set attainable goals for team members in order for the project to be finished on time
- Contribute to the hiring, retention, and growth of the engineering talent within your group.
- Be a clear technical voice, working in partnership with your teams to deliver an architecture which will scale with the needs of the business.
- Quickly and reliably deliver high quality technical solutions.
- Work on business strategy to define a product roadmap that is compelling and focused on growth, while collaborating with product management teams across the business.
- Meet with customers to learn and help them shape their own tooling story.
- Clearly communicate at the executive level risks, successes, and missteps as you define and execute on the vision for the product.
In this role you will lead a critical and highly visible function within the development teams. You will have a distinct impact on how developers build software and have a unique opportunity to build/mentor a team around you. If your goal is to have a large impact in the technology field, you’ll find this role to be engaging, challenging, and full of opportunities to learn and grow.
- Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
- 5+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 9+ years’ experience in system software development and delivery
- 5+ years’ experience building, leading, managing and mentoring high-performance engineering teams including 2+ years managing managers
- Extensive experience with object-oriented design and implementation (Java)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Established track record of hiring and growing high-performing engineering teams
- Experience building scalable, fault-tolerant infrastructure software or distributed systems
- Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
- Experience building policy-driven task flow auditing and enforcement frameworks
- Has taken software features from inception to customer delivery
- Deep hands-on technical expertise
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software
- Strong business and technical vision
- Experience conducting code reviews
- Background in establishing code standards
- Determining quality gaps with Engineering, QA and Business Analysis
- Reviewing production defects and evaluating root cause
- Reviewing pre prod defects and working with tech leads to improve
- Keeping all tech leads informed of critical info that will impact them I.e. Change in prioritization or capacity allocations
- Working with key stakeholders to align on impacts to: development, delivery, quality
- Working with management on risks of delivery i.e vacations, sudden leaves, departures, scope change and deployment dates
- Working with Clients on any escalations and mitigations
- Working with CSO to enforce any security policies
- Working and keeping CTO informed at all times on architecture concerns, performance, scalability, quality challenges
- Ensuring RCA’s are conducted for production and quality issues and solving with their leads
- Working with all the tech leads to unblock any impediments where they can
- Working to ensure tech publication/trainings are kept updated
- Working with configuration team to educate on important settings
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related discipline is required.
*Equivalent experience to a bachelor’s degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education.
Interested? Please complete the Career Inquiry Form.
Blue Sage maintains and ensures that all employees are part of a work environment free from discrimination, and one where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. Blue Sage Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at Blue Sage is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Blue Sage does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, national origin, ancestry, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other characteristics protected by law. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline.